Tuesday, February 14, 2012

what is a stranger?

Today on the valentine’s day, a friend of mine send me a message, “Arranged Marriage is such a funny concept, all your life you are taught not to talk to strangers and suddenly you are asked to sleep with one!” Funny as this might seem. I think it applies to a love marriage too. We fall in love, and claim to know the partner, but has anyone experienced of saying “ you were so different before marriage, you changed the moment we got married” I can bet everyone has. It is very difficult to say that the person in front of you is not a stranger/ you know everything about him/ her. You might know what happened in the life of your closest person’s life, say your sibling, but I don’t think that makes you know everything about the person.
I think this is because a person evolves as time passes. I just read about this in an article. Wherein a 50 something couple were arguing about whether or not to on the air-conditioner to the room for the holiday and quarreled. This was something / a preference – a different preference that they did not know about each other, as they developed two different tolerance levels simultaneously.
But sometimes it comes to my mind, that we are still going to continue living with strangers for our lives, maybe for the excitement it will create – good or bad depends on the individual choices.

1 comment:

  1. i totally agree with you and sometimes you keep on failing to know the person!! you try hard to all extents but what come back to me is " you didnt understand me!!!"..arey yaar thats what i was trying to do all my life! why dont they understand:)

    ReplyDelete