Monday, July 2, 2018

Sharing & Caring &

I work in this new place for a year now. It is in the  North of India. Near New Delhi. 
And for the whole year, I have seen our Vice Chancellor, a very senior person, beaming with a smile, every single time, absolutely every single time whenever his wife calls in. & I have met her too. She is such a sweet n charming lady, equally intelligent & smart. 
I used to stay here when I was preggers. The house that I stayed in was owned by a senior couple. Uncleji used to go to get vegetables and grocery everyday in the evening with Auntyji. It was more of a time that they spent together. 
I had been to Mumbai last year for a wedding, and was gonna reach late at around 12 am. The friends that we stayed with came to pick us up. I insisted, we can take a cab, you do not need to disturb yourselves. But she insisted, nah, don't worry. This is when we get to spend time together & we relish it. 
There is another couple I know. Wherein the guy used to drop the girl to office 40 kms away one way. Because they thought their discussions / talks didnt get over within the time they got at home. 
Why all this suddenly ? 
It was just yesterday, that I gave 2 shrewsberry biscuits to a colleague, a fellow Dean in college. He asked what it was, and remembered that his wife loved them. He mentioned so. And said I think I should keep them for my wife. I insisted, dont worry, I will give you a packet tomorrow. But in spite of that, he ate one and kept one for his wife. 

It just came to mind, maybe all this sharing, caring, urge to spend time together makes relationships last way longer. Or Forever. Maybe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment