Saturday, February 13, 2021

Unconditional Love for all the singles out there.

 I love love. It is the feeling that makes that chirping in the heart. Brings in a ear to ear smile. Those goosebumps. Oh, is this just the valentines wala love ? 

We humans keep finding reasons to come together, jump around, frolic, have fun and be merry. We are social animals. Then be it Diwali, Christmas, Valentines, Independence day parade, or even a funeral. We look forward to coming together. 

I checked my own track record for the valentines. Did I ever get to be on a valentine's date? the romantic rosy table spread, the candle light, the love love love, blah blah. No, Never. Even when I was married. No, this is not a sad day. 

I had so much of compensation to this 'above' loss. I have celebrated almost every valentines with my loved ones. My friends, the people who care for me. In fact because I had these stupid ideas (ok, not so stupid - just in my defense), one of my friends actually gave me a red rose getting from a street corner, getting in the bus dramatically and presenting it to me. 

I have had my share of a candle light dinner with Fish-fry (that's my friends petname), wherein we had just the exact fun as in the fairy-tale majestique stories. I have had my share of so much of giggling and frolicks in the so called traditional places like Vaishali on FC road literally gorging on the Sabudana wada for brunch. 

Love has been at every single place along with some at the traditional places. It has been the love that I have received from my friends colleagues, people around, everywhere. I have had those little parties where in we (at least 10 people) have taken numerous pictures of happiness together. I have people who get me chocolates on my birthday despite my age.  

That unconditional love, currently I have a huge source of it, I have given birth to it. Your kid loves you unconditionally. 

Your parents do. There is no calculation, give n take, I did this, you did this there. 

I just got a coffee in the morning with I love you written on it. 

It is about feeling great when you give too. How about simply spreading love as an when. Just being there for a friend. Does love have to only come from that one person who is expected to be dramatically taking you on a date on that day ? How about loving without a commitment of marriage / forever ? Can love be around by just giving a ear to a person who wants to simply pour his / her heart out ? I was a little sad yesterday that in this global festival of love, I didnt really have the typical 'i love u forever' love (yeah yeah, like always - acting a little damsel in distress).

But reminding myself of all the above kinds of love has refreshed me again to same old (yes, getting there) jumpy self. There's so much love around, and there is so much to give too. 

There's a lot of love. So good that there are people around who love me as much. Despite me being me. 

Does one really have to be perfect to be loved ? What is perfect ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment